Carlo Penati holds a Bachelor degree in Economics and Management from University Bocconi of Milan in 1990. In 1991 he started his career in GEMINA GESTIONI, a Private Banking, and after 4 years he arrives at GESFID BANK of Lugano, where from 2000 to 2007 served as Director of Private banking. In 2008 Carlo Penati reaches the Executive Board of the Bank and in 2011, after the acquisition of Gesfid Bank by PKB BANK he serves as Director. Since 2006 he is Deputy Chairman of STEMGEN SpA. Since 2007 served as Deputy Chairman of CO.ME.TE SpA (BG) and 2008 was named Deputy Chairman of AIRLIGHT ENERGY SA.
Guido Riccardi holds a Bachelor degree Economics and Business Administration from University Bocconi of Milan in 1980. In the same year, he started his career in Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. In 1983 Guido Riccardi was admitted to the Roll of Dottori Commercialisti of Milan and since January 1984 to present he started as founding partner in Studio Riccardi-Salom-Tedeschi in Milan. His specializations include: assistance to merchant banks and private equity funds, both for consultancy to various advisory, for structuring acquisition, incorpotation and administration of new-companies and for assistance in extraordinary operations connected. Actually legal Auditor in a listed company at Borsa Italiana di Milano.
Angelo Luigi Vescovi
Chief Scientific Officer
- 1981: B.S Industrial Chemistry, Industrial & Technical State Institute, Milan
- 1987: Ph.D Molecular Pharmacology, State University of Milan, Milan, Italy
- 1993: Post-Doc, Cell Biology & Developmental Neuroscience, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 1985-1986. Awarded with a fellowship by the National Neurological Institute “C.Besta”, Milan, Italy.
- 1988-1990. Awarded with a fellowship by the National Neurological Institute “C.Besta”,Milan, Italy.
- 1993/1996. Supervisor of the project of the Italian Ministry of Health: “Unlimited culturing and banking of multipotential stem cells of the human central nervous system”.
- 1996-1999. Supervisor of the project of the Italian Ministry of Health: “Autologous transplantation for the therapy of Parkinson’s disease”.
- 1996-1997. Adjunct Professor, Department of Physiology, University of Milan; Course of Physiology I.
- 1995-1998. Vice-Director of Research Neurospheres Ltd., Dept of Pathology, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- 1999. Head of the Laboratory of Cellular Neuropharmacology, National Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy.
- 2000-2002. Adjunct Professor, Department of Physiology, “Universita’ Vita Salute”, HSR, Milan, Italy. Coordinator of the National Project of the Ministry of Health: “Characterization and plasticity of somatic stem cells for the therapy of human diseases”. Coordinator of the National Project of the Ministry of Health: “Neural stem cells and gene therapy for the cure of Alzheimer’s Disease”.
- 2002. Member of the National Committee on Stem Cells of the Italian Ministry of Health. Consultant of the British Committee on Stem Cells of the House of Lords of England. Member of the Committee on Stem Cells of the Pontifical State of the Vatican.
- 2003-2005. Director of Research of ConStem: Italian Consortium for Stem Cell Research Co-director Stem Cell Research Institute, Fondazione San Raffaele, Milan.
- Assistant Professor of Cell Biology,
- 2005 to date. Adjunct Professor of Cell Biology, Queensland Brain Institute, Brisbane, Australia
- Founder and President of StemGen Spa, a biotech company in the Neuroncology area 2007 to date; Scientific Director, Neural Stem Cells Bank, Terni
- 2008 to date. Scientific Director, Institute for Tissue Engineering, Ospedale Niguarda, Milan
- 1st Jan 2010 to date. Scientific Director, IRCSS, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo
- 1st Jan 2010 to date. Scientific Director, Istituto CSS-Mendel, Rome.
- 1987 to date. More than 200 Oral and poster presentations at scientific international meetings
- 1996-to date. Reviewer for scientific Journals including, among several: Nature, Science, Development, Nature Medicine, Nature Neuroscience, Nature Biotechnology, Nature Methods, Nature Reviews Cancer, Journal of Neuroscience, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, JEM, Lancet.
- 1998-to date. Invited speaker at over 100 international scientific meetings
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- 1990 Award of the Italian Association for Neurological Research (ARIN)
- 2000 Honorary Fellow Panelist of the World Economic Forum 2000 (Davos, Switzerland).
- 2001 Award of the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC); Speaker Emeritus at the National Academy of Sciences “dei Lincei”; Speaker Emeritius at the Pio Manzu’ Foundation Worldwide Meeting: “The Fire Within The Crystal.
- 2002 Award of the Italian Life Science Association for Scientific Achievements
- 2003 Speaker Emeritus presenting on Somatic Stem Cells at the European Commission in Brussels.
- 2005 Translational Research Excellence Award of the Brain Tumor UK Association (Shared with Dr. F. Dimeco and S.Piccirillo)
- 2007 Excellence Award of the Atena Foundation for Research in Neuroncology
- 2011 Hotchkiss Brain Institute Neuroscience Alumnus of the Year Award
- 2012 Excellence Award of the ANMIL Foundation for Research on adult stem cells and the consequent results for ALS
- US6897060 “Composition comprising multipotent neural stem cells for generation of hematopoietic cells”. Inventors: Christopher R. Bjornson, Rod L. Rietze, Brent A. Reynolds, Angelo L. Vescovi
- US20100136081 “Hyaluronic acid derivative and neural stem cells for SCI and PNT regeneration”. Inventors: Alessandra PAVESIO, Angelo Vescovi, Fabrizio Gelain, Maurizio Verga
- US7204979 “Generation of hematopoietic cells from multipotent neural stem cells”. Inventors: Christopher R. Bjornson, Rod L. Rietze, Brent A. Reynolds, Angelo L. Vescovi
- US6638501 “Use of multipotent neural stem cell progeny to augment non-neural tissues”. Inventors: Christopher R. Bjornson, Rod L. Rietze, Brent A. Reynolds, Angelo L. Vescovi
- US20100167999 “Inhibition of the tumorigenic potential of tumor stem cells by LIF and BMPS ”. Inventors: Angelo Luigi Vescovi, Brent Allen Reynolds
- US 2012/0083454 A1 “EPH receptor expression in tumor stem cells ”. Inventors: Angelo Luigi Vescovi, Elena Binda
Alessandro Falciai, graduated in Aerospace Engineering at Napoli Polytechnic in 1984 and with an MBA at Insead of Fontainbleau in 1990. He started working in ESA (European Space Agency) in 1984. Afterwards he continued his experience in Telespazio in charge of Business Development, where he negotiates and manages the JV in Brasil for remote sensing and satellite telecommunications, in addition to open the Stet group activities in Latin America. Back in Rome at the Stet holding headquarter, is appointed Director for all the Latin America operations of the group. Between 1997 to 1999 he was the CEO of Elettronica Industriale, Mediaset group. In 2000 he founded Dmt, the company that developed the digital terrestrial platform in Italy and it was the first independent Tower operator. In 2011 steers the company toward a merge with Mediaset towers. Hence in 2012 he leaves all operational roles and remains second major shareholder of the listed company. Sole shareholder of Millenium Partecipazioni, his holding company, splitted into three areas: Real Estate, Private Equity and finance. At present he is Chairman of Assitecasim, Mondomarine, Hyperstem and member of executive board of MPS.
Chief Executive Officer
Vittorio Necchi, graduated in Business Administration at Università Commerciale “Luigi Bocconi” of Milan in 1988. After the military service he served as Financial controller in electronics company and in 1992 as CFO in pharmaceutical company. He founded and managed a consultant company in 1996 specialized in finance, banking and derivatives.
Head of Clinical Research & Development
Andrea Montagna joined the company in February 2014 as Clinical Operations Manager, with responsibility for the company’s Clinical Science and Clinical Operations. Prior to joining Stemgen, he served as Medical Advisor at Edmond Pharma in 2013. Prior to Edmond, Montagna served as Clinical Research Manager at Lundbeck from 2010 to 2012. He previously worked with different pharmaceutical companies like Jannsen Cilag, Novartis Vaccines, Pfizer and Pharmacia & Upjohn. Montagna has more than 16 years of industry experience in Clinical Research and Medical Affairs projects.